A position has become available for a freelance PHP front-end developer to work on taking an existing project into deployment and go live.
The position will be based in Edinburgh – there will be a requirement to spend time in Edinburgh during the early stages of the project. After go live, there will be an on-going maintenance requirement and the distinct possibility of future work.
The following skills are highly desirable:
- A background in PHP and MySQL (LAMP stack)
- Experience with basic management of Unix based servers/operating systems (e.g. setting up cron jobs, shell access etc)
- Ideally, experience with Laravel, or if not, then similar modern PHP frameworks (e.g. Symfony2, CodeIgniter)
- Experience with version control systems (specifically Git)
- Knowledge of CSS framework basics, Sass + Compass
In the first instance please reply to the e-mail address at the right hand side of this page (in the About Me box). Please include links to showcase work, evidence confirming your experience of the skills noted above (e.g. your CV), an indication of your daily rate and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK. References may be required.