With more and more users relying on their PCs for day-to-day activities, what happens when things start to go wrong? Finding reliable experts can be a tricky and expensive process. Luckily, there is some help at hand in the form of the Windows Live Safety Center.
The [Microsoft] Windows Live Safety Center promises to:
- Check for and remove viruses
- Learn about threats
- Improve your PC’s performance
- Get rid of junk on your hard disk
You’ll need to “allow pop-ups” for this tool to work.
There’s an excellent Community section, where you can expect to find answers to such questions as:
- My PC is slow
- I’ve lost an important file. How can I find it?
- My PC crashes a lot
- I need to get rid of a virus
- I’m having problems installing or using hardware
- My PC takes a long time to start up or reboot
- I’m having problems installing or using software
- I’m having problems with Microsoft Update
- I need to be an Administrator to install or use a program
The site itself looks to be taking the form of a portal, offering the collation of a number of other services including Windows AntiSpyware (beta).
[…] Following on from my earlier posting…Windows OneCare Live offers a similar service: This PC health service is always on, running quietly in the background. It helps give you round-the-clock protection and maintenance—virus scanning, firewalls, tune ups, file backups, the whole nine yards. Delivered to you in a smooth, hassle-free package. [link] […]