A school friend has made me aware of this position in Glasgow. If you are interested in applying for this role, drop me an e-mail (address on the right hand side) or reply to me on Twitter (@camurphy) and I’ll put you in touch with my school friend!
Senior Games Programmer / Games Developer with high level of proficiency with C++, STL and OOP is required by a well established games company.
Games Programmer / Games Developer Key Skills
- High level of proficiency with C++, STL and OOP
- Solid code architecture and planning skills
- Exceptional communication and team working skills
The Experienced Game Programmer will work to bring latest games to completion on a number of current and next-gen platforms. Candidates must be passionate about gaming and ideally have experience with handheld and/or mobile platforms and a deep interest in games in general and racing games in particular.
As a member of a highly talented team you will work with the Lead Programmer, Producer and game team to implement game features, optimise code and algorithms as well as platform specific requirements. You are expected to use your solid industry knowledge to help establish the perfect balance between quality and scope.
- BS in Computer Science or other suitable degree preferred
- Professional experience working in video game development
- A minimum of 5 years of professional video games programming experience
- Credited on at least 2 published video games in a Programmer or Senior Programmer role
- Experience through a full development cycle and certification submission on at least one HD console game
- Experience with handheld and/or mobile platforms
- A deep interest in games in general and racing games in particular
- Good optimisation skills in general and on HD consoles in particular